Repair Tips Every Homeowner Should KnowMay 12, 2015
Spring is the optimum time to sell a home. Regardless of whether it’s a buyer’s market or a seller’s market, inventory almost always rises in the spring. Why? Because the largest number of buyers are actively searching for a new home during the months of April, May and June. Even if you aren’t selling your home, this list of things will help you maintain the value of your home. Here are some things you can do to improve the odds that your home will stand out among the sea of new listings flooding the spring-time real estate market:
- First impression of your outside, you want them to want to
- make it in the house not just drive by.
- Mow & trim around trees.
- Trim bushes.
- Power wash the house.
- Declutter (toys, garbage, vehicles, etc.) the yard.
- Plant flowers, either in the ground or in containers.
- Lay a fresh cover of mulch in the flower beds.
- Replace/update the address numbers.
- Paint the front door.
- Vacuum & dust.
- Wipe down bathroom walls.
- Wipe down kitchen cabinets and counters.
- Wash windows and mirrors.
- Add a fresh coat of neutral paint.
- Clean flooring, a shiny floor can sell a home.
- Let the sun shine in. Open windows if weather allows.
- Remove any extra items on kitchen counters. Show as much counter space as possible.
- Remove personal hygiene items in bathroom spaces.
- Remove clutter, pack up extra items this can make a space seem small.
- Remove personal items like photos or things with your name, this makes it hard for future homeowners to imagine themselves there.
- Storage space sells. This is not the time to cram things in the closet. Pack items up to show how much storage you have.
- Furnish to show functionality, remove big bulky furniture if necessary.
- Use towels, throws and pillows as accents.
- Make sure everything flows. If you are using the dining room as an office or a tv room, make sure you showcase it as a dining room.
- Set out fresh flowers or fruit bowls.
- Remove Pet Odors.
- The master bedroom should appeal to both sexes.
- Updating an old fireplace can be a selling feature.
- Remove pets from the house before any showings.
- A roast in the crockpot or smells of baked goods make people feel at home.
- Hire a Professional like Stuart Martin.